May 31, 2006

Whats up with my Life these days?

Lots of things happened in the past few days. The earliest event that i can remember was about my Bangalore trip, which i guess, I have written about a bit.

To start with, as Alex asked me to, was my all famous and my first bike accident. Or I should say, how i actually avoided an serious accident. Travelling in about 50kmph, OMR was courteous enough to give me this 'experience'. The car in front of me, stopped all of a sudden for reasons best known to him. And I trying to avoid a stright crash into it at that speed, had to take a steep turn in my bike. and guess what... I was wearing the huge chunky woodland shoe that my brother had got me. And my shoe hit the car. Kaboom... the sound that Meril thought was due to the bike car collision was in fact due to the shoe-car collision. At the end of it, all that i could feel was a real bad pain in my foot, due to the sudden ankle twist. It ached.. a lot. And if my mom ever heard of this, she would totally freak out. Keeping in mind that her US trip was scheduled just the week next, I chose to use my 'spin-a-yarn' capabilities. So I told her that the twist happened when i tried to swing my leg over the bike seat, which basically will not qualify as an accident under any circumstance. Went for an X-Ray with Alex and got confirmed that it was not a fracture(just as Swetha's Reiki had diagonised). Am not sure if the shoe caused the whole ankle twist event or whether the shoe actually saved me from serious injury. 

The next i can remember was Alex's trip to Chennai. It was a good one actually. I tried staying mobile eventhough injured cos i didnt want his trip to go in vain. The first day, we did a lot of things which included meeting Joseph at Spencers, buying some kewl shades for myself, paying a visit to Joseph's humble abode in Chennai, Meet the 'girls' in the evening. But the next day, I decided to stay at home and so did Alex. After a nice chickenny lunch Alex had to get his flight for Delhi in the Evening.

And next... My Mom.. she left for the US of A to my sister. And just about an hour back i even got a call from her, saying she is fine. And my dad is at Katpadi, our native place. So its back to being a bachelor at home(though i have been one all this long, but still.....). And i managed to get permission for Satheesh to stay over from my parents. My mom was actually happy for it, cos she knows Satheesh is pretty finicky(i dont know how that word is spelled) about cleanliness.

and thats what has been happeneing all this time.

and yeah, i forgot to tell.... I changed my Broadband tariff plan from Home 500 to UL 900. which means Unlimited downlad and a standard rental of 900 bucks for 256 kbps(supposedly). So it is back to NITIE days, but with limited bandwidth. I have already managed to download some 6 GB of data in 5 days. Isnt that cool???

thats it for now.. Arul Signing Off

2 comments:

Alex Joseph said...

Still living with the pain huh? Good...next time u've a collision , you'll ensure you bang the bike onto the car and not your leg :))

And my friend...i need the song "Crazy for you" by Let Loose. With your unlimited GeeBees...u should be able to help me out here...PLEASE!!!

Alex Joseph said...

Thanks dude! Owe u one! :)

_uacct = "UA-678466-1"; urchinTracker();