Movie and Music

Its been a long time. Long time since i posted my last blog entry. Since then there have lot of changes. Lot of experiences. Change in time zones. Jet Lag. Yeah... Am back home. Back home in India. It was a real relief to get back here.
Few things that happened in Nottingham before I came here. I went to a Musical it was called Fame. It was nice. In fact it was totally something different that i had seen till date.
Initially as the show began, I had thought that there was a voice over in the background for all teh vocals. But later I came to know that the actual cast were singing the songs, right there on the stage. Phew... awesome. My favourite song of the show was "Cant Keep it down" by Joe and his friends. And the dance steps were good too(leaving apart the co-ordination which was not so splendid). It was a nice show. Guess Meril enjoyed it thoroughly too.
The return trip was uneventful. Just the usual. After a day break, I was back in office. Thats cos I had lot of these 'administrative' tasks that I had to get done with. All pertaining to my US VISA, tax submissions, Reimbursements to be claimed and stuff.
Just couple of days back I went to another musical... This was of a different sort, altogether. It was a show by a Japanese troop in Chennai. Awesome drummers they were.
Their well chiseled body stiff and flexible at the same time, did captivate the audiences' mind share. But one drastic difference was the way the audience get involved and appreciate. The audience also had an august crowd of students of some school. They made sure they made fun of the artistes, by imitating the sounds and music. I would say they were less disciplined. The rest of the audience too were whistling and howling and clapping too. Understood that you are impressed by the performance, but please why to spoil the flow of events? Anyway, apart from that.. the show was real cool. It was excellent performance.
Next... I just finished watching this movie called Blood Diamond. The movie is set in the background of Sierra Leone. It depicts the struggle and the fight of the African people and how the west exploited the situation. Worth a watch and Action.
Hey... And by the way, am heading to my next destination. Cape Town. This Month end.
No comments:
Post a Comment