Sep 26, 2005

Delhi Dreams...

The question most of the people I know ask me is. “Hey, so how do u find Delhi?” Truth: ‘Hometown is the best’. Answer that I give: ‘Have not seen much of it to make a comment.’ Would like to share a few things that I observed here. Coming on a project was a good thing actually to a place like this. Why? One, ‘cos never ever would I like/want to come to North, in fact to Delhi in Particular. Two, even when I get bored(which happens most of the time) I do have something to look forward to.  

Vehicles
For me everyday, to Office and back, is really a challenge. With the hoards and hoards of cars that throng the road everyday, it really scares the sh*t out of me. These people don’t treat the beings that walk on 2 legs as living things at all. They will be ready to make u run for your life with their honking horns. The thing that I find most strange here is that it is so tough to find any zebra-crossings. I wonder did the traffic police forget to lay them? And all that the traffic cops do is that stand on the sides of the road and keep staring at the people. I heard from couple of guys that Delhi Traffic police is very strict. In what aspects, am yet to find out.

Infrastructure
One thing that the country has to learn from the capital is its amazing infrastructure. South Delhi(which is the only place I have been to), has great roads, big buildings and good crowd. One thing that I found here really strange is, the colour of the buildings. They are either off-white or they are brown, with a red tinge. Have the Delhi people gone out of an eye for colours? Gurgaon on the other side, is a lot different. Colourful, and cheerful. When I say Gurgaon, am referring to the plush and posh areas near the malls. Trust me, you don’t want to explore Gurgaon any more than that. Even I have been to the ‘real’ Gurgaon only once. The malls are good. But anyone is bound to get bored after a couple of visits.

Lifestyle
Unlike Mumbai, I didn’t find this place where hospitable or anything of that sort. I wouldn’t call it a very friendly place. Nor would I call it a cheap one. Unlike Mumbai(again?) Delhi is not the city where everyone can thrive. Cost of living is high. Autos are cheaper than what I find in Chennai. But costlier than that in Mumbai.

Well this is what have seen and felt of the capital till now. Did I forget to tell? Girls look good. Feast for eyes? Probably yes.

Rest in Next. Ciao.

2 comments:

Nikhil Kulkarni said...

Gr8 going dude ... quite a balanced post ... ppl say law n order is bad in Delhi ..esp s compared to Mumbai. Any comments??

Accenture said...

Yeah Nikhil. I tooo heard the same. Atleast i have not come across any such situation till now. The fairer gender though doesn't feel very secure, due to the history of events that this city carries in terms of female security.

_uacct = "UA-678466-1"; urchinTracker();